Chester Bird and the Disabled American Veterans join Minnesota Veterans 4 Veterans Trust on a boat tour of Lake Minnetonka and Veterans Island on July 23, 2019.
Robbinsdale Whiz Bang Parade
Chester Bird Post 523 American Legion and West Metro VFW Post 7051 joint Color Guard at the Whiz Bang Parade on July 14, 2019.
Unserviceable Flag Ceremony
June 14, 2019
Chaplain: “Almighty God, Captain of all hosts and Commander over all, bless and consecrate this present hour. We thank Thee for our Country and its Flag, and for the liberty for which it stands. To clean and purging flame we commit these Flags, worn out in worthy service. As they yield their substance to the fire, may Thy Holy Light spread over us and bring to our hearts renewed devotion to God and Country. Amen.”
Memorial Day Observance 2019
Santa Breakfast, December 9, 2018
Auxiliary Craft Fair and Bake Sale,
December 8, 2018
December 8, 2018
Chester Bird participates with the Hennepin County Sheriff's SMART program (Sheriff's Military Activation and Reintegration Training). Some facts of the 2018 donation drive:
· Two deployed HCSO employees, both from CISA (G. Jorgenson & N. Hughes).
· Both are analysts in the US Army National Guard.
· Both were deployed to undisclosed locations in the Middle East in September and neither are expected to return until sometime late next summer.
· We started collecting donations at the end of October and finished collecting at the end of November.
· We packaged the donations on 11/30/18 and shipped them on 12/04/18.
· A total of just over $330 was donated and used for purchasing some of the items.
· A total of 51 boxes have been shipped to them so far (with 2 more already packed boxes planned to ship in March or April).
· A weight of just under 550 pounds of donations have already shipped.
· An estimated weight of 50 pounds of donations are waiting to be shipped.
· A total weight of 600 pounds of donations being sent to our deployed employees and their units.
Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Explorer Scout, Dearest Welwolie, being presented with a Patriot Pen by First Vice Commander Mike Hrdlicka prior to her departure for basic training after having enlisted in the U.S. Army. This outstanding young lady has been actively involved in the Explorer program for four years and supporting the Legion Steak Dinner for the last two. The presentation was made at the Legion Steak Dinner on Oct 12. We wish her the best of luck with a successful and safe military career.
Our own Sparky of the Chester Bird American Legion donating his 100th gallon of blood! Way to go! Here he is surrounded by his friends and blood banking family at the Plymouth Memorial Donor Center. Memorial Blood Center has been so fortunate to have several donors reach this incredible milestone this year alone. It's been a long journey for all of them—Steve started donating blood in 1978! But Steve and 3 other 100-gallon donors made a commitment to saving lives, and they've spent a lifetime doing so. Becoming platelet donors has helped these folks give so much to people in need. Platelet donors can (depending on their platelet count) donate two units every two weeks. It adds up fast! To learn more about donating platelets, or to schedule an appointment to give this life-saving donation, give them a call at 1-888-GIVE-BLD (888-448-3253) or schedule online at mbcherohub.club. There is no substitute for blood—only volunteer donors can help save lives.